FirmFoundation is a registered charity that works with people who are homeless, vulnerably housed or at risk of becoming homeless, aiming to provide practical and sustainable solutions to their needs as well as relief immediate suffering. This is achieved through the following initiatives:
1) A weekly drop-in session for single homeless people aged 18+, which takes place every Wednesday 2-4pm at Trinity Church, Hindes Road, Harrow (near Harrow Tesco's).
2) A weekly day service for single homeless people aged 18+, which takes place every Monday 2-4pm at Harrow Baptist Church College Rd, Harrow (near Harrow-on-the-Hill tube station). Food and shower facilities.
3) Weekly drop-in service at St John's Church Greenhill (opposite Debenhams in Harrow) 9.30 - 11.15am.
4) Harrow's Winter Night Shelter operates during colder months (typically January to March) that provides dormitory-style accommodation for up to 10 male and 5 female guests, 7 nights a week. Guests are also offered support to establish benefits, find appropriate services, access a GP and find accommodation.
5) Hope Place, supported accommodation for up to three people rough sleepers. It houses up to three people at a time and individuals can stay with FirmFoundation for up to two years. They are able to establish themselves while receiving the appropriate level of support, so they can grow in independence and skills, which will eventually lead to secure accommodation of their own.
Brigade House, Brigade Close, Harrow, HA2 0LQ
Who is it for:
Those who are homeless, vulnerably housed or at risk of becoming homeless