An emergency duty social worker is on duty at all times out of hours to meet urgent needs that cannot wait until the next working day.
When you call the emergency duty social worker team an operator will pass details over to the duty social worker, who will return your call as soon as possible and always within an hour.
The social worker may give you advice and guidance on how to deal with the problem, refer the matter to the specialist service the next working day and/or arrange any immediate help necessary from Social Care Services or other agencies.
Duty social workers work closely with other agencies, including the out of hours services of Harrow Mental Health Services, part of CNWL NHS Foundation Trust.
Duty Social Workers deal mainly with:
- urgent difficulties with children and young people
- child protection matters
- older people who are at risk or who need immediate help
- concerns about a person with a physical or sensory disability
- urgent support for someone with mental ill-health or severe learning difficulties
- Mental Health Act Assessments
- vulnerable people in Police custody
Harrow Civic Centre, Station Road, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2XY
Weekends, bank holidays and between 5 pm to 8 am weekdays, 24hr Crisis Line - 08000234650 (on Weekdays between 9am-5pm, call the civic centre 02088635611 and find the appropriate department)
Who is it for:
Children or adults, and homeless vulnerable people
182, 186, 340, 140, 258, H10
Harrow & Wealdstone (Bakerloo, Overground, National Rail)