Depression UK is a National Self-Help Organisation that helps people cope with their depression. The charity is solely run by a team of over 15 volunteers.
Depression UK promotes mutual support between individuals affected by or at risk from depression, with the aim of encouraging self help, recovery and personal growth. They try to help their members by enabling them to share their thoughts and problems with fellow sufferers.
Their aims are to:
- Offer fellowship (friendliness), to anyone troubled by depression, to help them overcome their illness
- Offer mutual support and encourage self help
- Overcome the isolation felt by many people with depression, and help break down the stigma attached to this illness
- Maintain the confidentiality of members at all times
- Attempt to meet the needs of sufferers not covered by health professionals
- Neither give medical advice nor endorse any medical treatment or product – they are not qualified to do so
PO Box 10566 , Ormiston House, 32-36 Pelham Street, Nottingham, NG1 2EG
Who is it for:
People who have depression and their carers
Cost to join depression UK - See website "Join Us"