If you are a disabled person who lives or works in Harrow, you are entitled to use HAD's services. All of their services are provided to meet their aim of creating a world where disabled people have equality of opportunity as right, not as a privilege.
- Information service covering a wide range of disability related topics including mobility, transport, equipment, holidays, leisure pursuits and more
- Self Directed Support or Personalisation enables you to have more choice, flexibility and control over your life
- Deaf Services is dedicated to supporting Deaf and Hard of Hearing people in Harrow
- Welfare Benefits Service gives advice and help on all Welfare Benefit claims, as well as providing support and information with appeals for disability benefits
- Radar Keys on sale for people whose disabilities mean they need access to locked accessible public toilets (you will need to provide evidence of a relevant disability, e.g. a physical disability or trouble with incontinence)
HAD also runs an advocacy service as part of the Support, Wellbeing and Information Service Harrow (SWiSH). It is the lead organisation for Children's Advocacy (including looked-after children, children subject to protection plans, asylum seekers, children leaving care and disabled children) and Health Complaints. You can contact them via phone at 02088 618876 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. HAD also has its own advocacy service, offering one-to-one support as well as “Speak-Up” Workshops, which focus on Self Advocacy.
The Wealdstone Centre, 38-40 High Street, Wealdstone, HA3 7AE
London Borough of Harrow
020 8861 9920 (phone), 07985 244 177 (textphone)
Who is it for:
Disabled people who live or work in Harrow
English. Gujarati and BSL often available
Wheelchair access, accessible toliet, signing, induction loop
Most services are free to disabled individuals. Welfare Benefits Service Fees: £10 per appointment and £50 for Tribunal attendance
How to apply:
Anybody can make a referral, including self-referral. Referrals by telephone, letter, e-mail, fax.
H10, 140, 182, 186, 258, 340
Harrow and Wealdstone (Bakerloo / Silverlink)
Pay and Display car park nearby.