Print Correction Save

Help in a crisis

If you already use CNWL's services, during office hours your first point of contact should be the person that you usually see (your care coordinator, or named lead professional). Their contact details, or the contact details of your care team, are contained in your care plan and on your Crisis Card.

Alternatively you can call the Single Point of Access (SPA), which offers mental health triage for routine, urgent and emergency referrals, information and advice 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and 365 days per year. It is available to those living in Brent, Harrow, Hillingdon, Kensington and Chelsea, and Westminster. The SPA team will assess you over the phone in order to refer you to the most appropriate service. They can also book appointments and offer advice should you need it.

If this is the first time you need help for a mental health crisis

If you, or a friend or relative are experiencing mental health problems for the first time and need emergency treatment or advice during office hours, then you should contact your general practitioner (GP). Your GP is your family doctor, the doctor you would normally see if you are ill or concerned about any aspect of your health. They will be able to refer you to the most appropriate mental health service in your area. The SPA is also available if you are unable to contact your GP or do not have one.

Umbrella org:
Central North West London NHS Foundation Trust
Area serviced:
Boroughs of Brent, Harrow, Hillingdon, Kensington & Chelsea and Westminster, plus Milton Keynes
Single Point of Access: 0800 0234 650
Opening times:
SPA available 24/7
Who is it for:
Anyone experiencing a mental health crisis
Last updated: