Self injury Support (formerly Bristol Crisis Service for Women) supports women in emotional distress. It particularly helps girls and women who harm themselves (often called self-injury). Both of their phone services are confidential and run by female volunteers, for anyone who identifies as a woman.
What they do:
- run TESS text and email support for girls and young women up to 24 who self-injure
- run the CASS Women's Self-Injury Helpline, which offers support and signposting
- produce information and publications about self-injury
- deliver talks and self-injury training courses to professionals
- support self-injury self-help groups
- maintain a UK-wide database of self-harm and self-injury support services and groups
PO Box 3240, Bristol, BS2 2EF
0808 800 8088 (CASS) 0117 927 9600 or 0780 047 2908 (TESS text service)
CASS: Wednesday and Thursday 7 pm- 9.30 pm
Who is it for:
Women who harm themselves, often called self-injury.