Stop it Now! UK and Ireland is at the forefront of activity to prevent child sexual abuse. Its main service is the Stop It Now! Helpline, which offers support to the following target groups:
- Adult abusers and those at risk of abusing: to encourage them to recognise their behaviour as abusive or potentially abusive and to seek help to change.
- Family and friends concerned about an adult displaying worrying sexual thoughts or behaviour towards a child: to encourage them to recognise the signs of abusive behaviour in those close to them and to seek advice about what action to take.
- Parents and carers concerned about a child or young person with worrying sexual behaviour: to encourage them to recognise the signs of concerning or abusive behaviour and to seek advice about what positive action they can take.
Due to high demand, they also support adults concerned about a child or young person who may have been abused, professionals calling for case advice and adult survivors of child sexual abuse.
The Helpline’s main objectives are to:
- Assist callers to identify the nature and seriousness of their concerns
- Provide information and support to callers to help them clarify their thinking
- Explore options available, including referral to the Stop It Now! follow-up service or to another agency
- Advise callers about further actions to consider
- Agree one or more protective actions the caller will take
2 Birch House, Harris Business Park, Hanbury Road, Stoke Prior, Alvechurch, Bromsgrove, B60 4DJ
Monday-Thursday 9am-9pm and Friday 9am-5pm
Who is it for:
Anyone with concerns relating to protecting children from sexual abuse
The helpline is free to call