You might be able to get free and confidential advice from Civil Legal Advice (CLA) as part of legal aid.
You can get help from CLA for problems including:
- debt, if your home is at risk
- housing, eg if you’re homeless or at risk of being evicted
- domestic abuse
- family issues, such as family mediation or if your child is being taken into care
- special education needs
You will find out CLA’s contact details if you’re eligible for legal aid, but they are also provided below. You can also choose for an adviser to call you back by texting ‘legalaid’ and your name to 80010. This costs the same as a normal text message.
The adviser will ask for proof of your finances. You must have the following with you when you speak to them:
- recent payslips (if you’re working)
- bank statements
- details of any savings and investments you have
- details of any benefits you get
- mortgage statements and a current valuation for any property you own
Note that you must be in receipt of legal aid to use CLA. You can find out more about legal aid at https://www.gov.uk/legal-aid.
0345 345 4 345
Mon-Fri 9am-8pm, Sat 9am-12:30pm
Free translation service, including BSL
Minicom available at 0345 609 6677
None, except for call charges