Disability Rights UK works to create a society where everyone with lived experience of disability or health conditions can participate equally as full citizens. They are disabled people leading change, working to create a society where everyone with lived experience of disability or health conditions can participate equally as full citizens.
Disability Rights UK's services encompass the following areas:
- Advice and Information: a number of helplines as well as information on their website
- Disability related projects: aiming to support the aspirations of disabled people in work, life and leisure
- Education, Skills and Employment: a Disabled Students Helpline (for over 16s studying in England) as well as working to improve access to work opportunities
- Independent Living: two helplines as well as advice and information on their website
- Training and consultancy: for individuals, managers and organisations looking to become more disability confident and friendly
Disability Rights UK also co-run the Equality Advisory Support Service (EASS).
Plexal , 14 East Bay Lane, Here East, Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, Stratford, London, E20 3BS
Disabled Students: 0800 328 5050, EASS: 0808 800 0082, Personal Budgets: 0300 555 1525,
General Enquiries: 03309950400
Disabled Students Helpline: Tues 11.30-13.30 & Thurs 13.30-15.30; Personal Budgets Helpline: Mon & Thurs 9.00-13.00
Who is it for:
Anyone with a disability or who wishes to become more disability confident
How to apply:
Just call up
21, 76, 135, 141, 271 or If you arrive by shuttle bus, it will stop at Bay/Entrance C of the main Here East Building. When you get off the bus, turn left, and the Plexal Building is on the opposite side.
Old Street (Northern)
Yes - disabled bays and pay-and-display nearby