When a young person reaches the age of 18, they can use the services of their local Jobcentre Plus Office.
Jobcentre Plus offers extra support for people with learning difficulties or disabilities. A Disability Employment Adviser (DEA) at your local Jobcentre can help you find a job or gain new skills and tell you about disability friendly employers in your area. They can also refer you to a specialist work psychologist, if appropriate, or carry out an ‘employment assessment’, asking you about:
- your skills and experience
- what kind of roles you’re interested in
Your DEA can tell you about programmes and grants to help you back into work. These include:
- Work Choice - to help you find a job, and get support when you start work
- Residential Training - to give you work experience and training
- Access to Work - money towards a support worker or for the cost of equipment or travelling to work
You can use the website listed below to search for jobs.
King's House, Clarenden Rd, Harrow, HA1 1YJ
Department of Work and Pensions
Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm
Who is it for:
Any clients who need help, asistance or advice getting back to work. This includes career guidance, CV preparation, training etc.
How to apply:
Self referral usually by phone call to assess client's needs.
Opposite Harrow on the Hill bus station, H11, H12
Harrow on the Hill (Metropolitan, National Rail)